Connecticut COVID Resources
- Vaccine Scheduling Hotline 877-918-2224, options for vaccine scheduling statewide.
- COVID Data Tracker/Daily Report – tracking the daily case positivity, etc.
Food is Medicine! Here are some great resources for making healthy choices:
- Dirty Dozen – Environmental Working Group. This group reviews the most important foods to choose organic every year.
- SeafoodWatch.org – healthy and sustainable seafood choices – download the guide here for the Northeast US
- DASH Diet – Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension – a plant based diet which has been shown to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol naturally with food you prepare yourself simply. Here is a pdf with a great comprehensive summary: DASH pdf.
- Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations from the American Heart Association
- Gluten free diets – Information from the Celiac Disease Foundation
- Low FODMAP Diets – Information from Monash University – the foremost research institution regarding diet and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- MyFitnessPal – a free comprehensive support program or app to help you in your weight loss journey.
- Noom – a different take on the usual weight loss program, with its foundations in psychology, nutrition science and sociology.
Medical Information – Some resources I like to share with my patients.
- FamilyDoctor.org – A great resource for easy-to-read medical information for most conditions.
- MayoClinic.org – Another great site for general health information and symptom checking.
- DrWeil.com – Integrative health recommendations.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- CAM on PubMed – published scientific articles regarding complementary and integrative topics.
- If you or someone you know is at risk of suicide please call the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255, text TALK to 741741 or visit SpeakingOfSuicide.com/resources
- Cardiovascular Disease Risk Calculator These results should be discussed with your doctor.
- FRAX Fracture Risk Calculator You will need information from a recent bone density test.